Dear Members & Guests,
We are so excited to that we will be welcoming back our members and their guests to EMBC on Monday 11th October 2021.
COVID-19 has completely engulfed our communities and has severely impacted our lives in so many ways. We are all very eager to get back to some sort of normality, be it catching up with family and friends for a bite to eat, a roll up on the greens or simply a schooner with mates. The things we all took for granted pre COVID, now there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
NSW Government has notified us all road map to re-open is based on 70% of the state being double vaccinated and I am happy to say the achieved milestone on 6th October so we will be reopening the doors at 10am Monday 11st October.
Please note though that we will be bound to NSW Public Health Order measures.
- All employees will need to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccination and show proof of their vaccination status or have a medical exemption certificate before returning to work at the club. https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/how-get-proof-your-covid-19-vaccinations
- All contracted staff (internal and external) will need to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccination and show proof of their vaccination status or have a medical exemption certificate before entering the club.
- All members, their guests and visitors need to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID – 19 vaccination and show proof of their vaccination status or have a medical exemption certificate before entering the club. https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/how-get-proof-your-covid-19-vaccinations
- All employees, contracted personnel, members, their guests, and visitors will require to QR code upon entry.
- 4 square meter rule will apply for indoor activities. Face masks will be mandatory for patrons and front-line staff indoors. Patrons must be seated whilst eating or drinking.
- 2 square meter rule applies to outdoor activities and only front-line staff are required to wear face masks. Bowls NSW has advised as from 6th October there is a maximum limit of 20 people per green at any given time. There is no restriction on playing format, as long as the total number of participants on a green does not exceed this limit.
- Group bookings will be restricted to 20.
- No dancing or singing permitted
In addition to the above-mentioned Public Health guidelines your club will be providing,
- Alcohol based hand sanitizing stations
- Additional cleaners will be rostered for the afternoon periods
- Floor spacing signage
- All touch point areas will be subject to extra cleaning
We are all so excited to be welcoming you back to your club and we have been busy throughout the shutdown period completing refurbishments to the clubs gaming area, sports bar area and TAB areas. You will also notice that work has commenced on the Beer Garden, and we expect that to be completed in February 2022.
Many of our promotions and entertainment will recommence immediately including pay by points, double points. Entertainment will recommence on Friday 15th October. Other activities such as Bingo, Raffles, Trivia, Darts, Poker will commence over the following weeks.
Our Bowling Greens will be available for rollups from Monday the 11th October and organized social bowling and competition bowling events will commence from the 19th October.
Can I ask that you assist our staff by obeying the Public Health Order mentioned above. Our staff are here to perform a duty and ensure the wellbeing of their patrons.
I will keep you up to date with any further advice.
Chief Executive Officer
Ettalong Bowling Club.